As adults, we have a lot of responsibilities competing for our time and sometimes, reading has to take a back seat. Sure, you can sneak in a few pages here and there, but have you ever considered trying an audiobook? Here’s a few reasons why people love them and why you should consider giving an audiobook a try.
- You can enjoy a book while you’re commuting, running errands, cleaning or exercising
- Audiobooks are more portable than a physical book. With the Libby app or a Playaway, you can always keep a book in your pocket!
- Are your kids reluctant readers? There are plenty of audiobooks for kids in the library’s catalog!
- Audiobooks give your eyes a rest in a world that’s dominated by screens
- A great narrator can really bring a story to life
- Listening to a book can improve comprehension and retention
- Audiobooks increase accessibility to people who have trouble holding books or are visually impaired
Of course, your go-to source for audiobooks is the library! You can visit us for books on CD and Playaway. You can even borrow an auxiliary cable so that you can listen to a Playaway in your car; you’ll never fumble through changing a CD while you drive again! You can also borrow audiobooks through Overdrive (and its companion app, Libby) and Hoopla and listen through your phone or other mobile device.