Our subscription to RBDigital expired on November 30, 2018. We were sad to announce that we no longer have access to RBDigital eMagazines or eAudioBooks. No more eMagazines? Don’t worry, we have great news! OverDrive brought a treat to our library just in time for the holidays. Now you are able to check out magazines through OverDrive. Over 50 titles of current issues are always available and magazines don’t count toward your checkout limit. You can check out as many titles as you would like, and eMagazines can be downloaded to the Libby app and read offline.
Follow these steps to find and read eMagazines:
- Visit the OverDrive website.
- Find your favorite periodical. You can search by title or use the Advanced Search to browse titles in the OverDrive Magazine format.
- Once you have found an item you would like to borrow, click (tap) on the cover or title to view the items details.
- Click on BORROW.
- If you are not already signed into your library account, you will need to enter your library card number to sign-in.
- A pop-up window will show up; click on BORROW.
- Click on Read Now in browser.
Here’s what else you need to know about periodicals on OverDrive eMagazines:
- We only have the most recent issues available right now. As new issues are released, they will be added to our collection and you will be able to check out back issues.
- All eMagazines are always available.
- You can check out as many eMagazines as you would like, and eMagazine checkouts do not count towards your checkout limit of 20 titles at a time.
- Although eMagazines are not renewable, you can check the magazine out again after it expires. There are no holds so eMagazines are always available.
- After downloading an eMagazine, you can keep them until the due date just like other OverDrive contents.
Please ask a librarian if you have any questions.