Mini Skeleton Decorating Contest
Get into the Halloween spirit by flexing your creativity and decorating a mini skeleton that will be displayed for everyone to see in the library. Stop in anytime during this week, October 9-14 to pick up your registration packet and tiny skeleton, then drop off your decorated skeleton the following week. Winners will be announced on October 24 and all skeletons will be on display for public view all week. A panel of judges will select one winner from each age category; young kids (ages 7 and under), tween (ages 8-12), teens (ages 13-17) and adults (ages 18 and up). Skeletons will be judged based on their artistic quality, creativity and ingenuity.
1. All participants must register with the library and turned in no later than 5pm on Saturday, October 21.
2. Skeletons can be dressed up, painted, and/or decorated. They can also be placed inside a diorama.
3. If placed inside a diorama it should be no larger than a shoebox.
4. You may add additional skeletons up to 5 total but they will not be provided by the library (available at the Dollar tree).
5. All entries should be family-friendly (even those in the adult category, as they will be on display in the library).
6. Skeletons will be judged by a panel of Green Tree residents and employees. One winner will be chosen from each of the following age categories: young kids (ages 7 and under), tween (ages 8-12), teens (ages 13-17) and adults (ages 18 and up). Winners will receive a Halloween gift bag!
7. All skeletons that are not picked up by end of day November 6 will be thrown away.