The library offers many services and receives thousands of visitors each year. To aid in planning your visit to the library we’ve prepared a few frequently asked questions that help you better understand our services and operations.
If after reading the FAQ’s you still have a question or comment, please send us a note via our contact page.
- Where is the library located?
- How do I renew and/or request items?
- How do I get a library card?
- Will my library card work at the Green Tree Public Library?
- Can I return materials from other libraries in Allegheny County to Green Tree Public Library?
- How do I get a PIN number for my online account?
- What kind of programs does the library offer?
- Does the library offer faxing, printing, photocopying or scanning?
- Does the library accept book donations?
- Does the library carry tax forms?
- Does the library have computers for public use?
- Does the library offer WiFi?
- Does the library have private meeting rooms or quiet study rooms available for the public?
- Does the library offer exam proctoring?
- How can I support the library?
Where is the library located?
The library is located on the first floor of the Green Tree Municipal Building at:10 W. Manilla Ave. Pittsburgh, PA 15220
How do I renew and/or request items?
There are three ways to renew and/or request items:
- Online using My Account
- Call the library at 412-921-9292 during business hours
- Visit the library and renew and/or request items at the front desk
How do I get a library card?
You can get a library card by visiting the library’s front desk and presenting valid identification showing proof of your current address and a photo ID. Learn more at our Getting a Library Card page.
Will my library card work at the Green Tree Public Library?
As long as you have an active card issued by a public library in Allegheny County, your card will work at the Green Tree Public Library.
Can I return materials from other libraries in Allegheny County to Green Tree Public Library?
Yes, materials checked out from other public libraries in Allegheny County may be returned to Green Tree Public Library. Also, Green Tree Public Library’s materials may be returned to any public library in Allegheny County. There is an outdoor book drop for returns made after hours located by the library’s main entrance.
How do I get a PIN number for my online account?
There are two ways to get a PIN number:
- You can request one online through the catalog.
- You can stop by the library’s front desk.
If you forget your PIN number, please contact the library at 412-921-9292 or stop by the front desk.
What kind of programs does the library offer?
Green Tree Public Library offers a wide variety of programs for all ages. Programs are scheduled on a seasonal basis. Please check the library’s calendar of events to browse current programs and to register.
Does the library offer faxing, printing, photocopying or scanning?
Yes, the library does offer all four services:
- Faxing: Domestic fax service is $1.00 per page.
- Printing: 15 cents per page for black/white and 50 cents per page for color
- Photocopying: 15 cents per page for black/white and 50 cents for color
- Scanning: Self-service and free of charge
Does the library accept book donations?
Yes, Green Tree Public Library accepts donations of gently-used books and other materials on the first Saturday of the month between the hours of 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. On these Book Donation Drop-Off Days, Friends of the Library volunteers will be on hand to help receive and sort through the used items. Please bring donations in small boxes or bags that can be easily carried. Collecting and organizing these materials takes a great deal of time and effort; therefore the library is unable to accept donations at times other than the designated Book Donation Drop-Off Days. To learn more about book donations, including the types of materials that are accepted, visit our Book Donations page.
Does the library carry tax forms?
The library no longer carries state or federal tax forms. If you know the specific tax form you need, the library can print it out at a cost of $.15 per page. Forms can also be accessed online through the IRS website. Library staff cannot provide tax advice.
Does the library have computers for public use?
Yes, the library does have eighteen computers for public use. The computers are installed with MS Office, multiple internet browsers, with Internet content filtering software to protect our young patrons. To learn more, please visit our Computers and Internet page.
Does the library offer WiFi?
Yes, the library offers free, secure WiFi to guests inside the library.
Does the library have private meeting rooms or quiet study rooms available for the public?
No, the library does not have these types of rooms available. However, the library has many tables and study carrels available on a first come, first serve basis.
Does the library offer exam proctoring?
As of June 16, 2015, the library has suspended its exam proctoring services. Exam proctoring is offered at several county libraries. Please contact each location for details.
How can I support the library?
There are many ways you can help support the library.
- We offer a variety of monetary donation options.
- You can volunteer your time.
- You can also join the Friends of the Library organization or apply to be on the Library Board.
We thank you for your interest in supporting the library.